In 1928 Rev. J.L. Sealing, pastor of St. James Lutheran Church at Holland offered to conduct worship serices in English at Haysville. The services were held in Dorsam's Dance Hall located on highway 231. Christ Lutheran church was subsequently organized in 1929 and services were moved to opel's Hall on the north edge of Haysville. The first Confirmation class was confired that year. A frame building was dedicated in 1930. Soon after this a Women's Missionary Society and Ladies' Aid were formed. The first wedding was in the newe frame building when Emil Stamm and Almeda Himsel were married on June 8, 1932. IN 1955 a stone addition was built onto the existing church. Later a parish education unit was added in 1975. This frame structure served until the last worship service in March 25, 1982. The frame building was demolished during the month of April 1982 and the present brick church was erected next to State Rd. 56. The new church was dedicated on March 6, 1983.
Throughout the years the church has conducted worship services, Baptisms, regular Communion, Weddings, funerals, education, fellowship, service projects, mission support and otherwise fuliflling Jesus' Great Commission.!